Monday, July 13, 2009

How I spent my last month

Make that my _previous_ month. Yeah, that's a lot better. Not my last. Totally.

Anyhoo.


Like I had said, went to Illinois in June, got back about a month ago. Found out they were redoing the carpet in the office. That led to 2 weeks of hell, having to move every piece of everything from one half of the office to the other, then back again, bleh. Don't even get me started (it would go into "My Crappy Life" territory and beyond.

That got done, and I decided I wanted to redo my room at home. The end of August will be 3 years that I've been in there (some bitch dropped a tree on my old room); and after moving in, I never really had to time to plan out the room. Because of that, the layout of the room has kinda been a clusterfrak; this one 12x25' room is a bedroom, living room, work room, library, and computer room. Full size bed, recliner, corner desk, 10' work table (actually a kitchen counter, but who's counting) Craftsmen cabinet for a closet, and 5 shelves full of books, dvds, and stuff.

Long story short, I had way too much stuff for too little space, and that badly organized. So I boxed up everything I could (now sitting in the living room, kitchen, porch, and anywhere I had space) and moved out everything I could.

One goal I had was being able to have company. Before, seating consisted of a computer seat, the recliner, and the bed, and 99 times outta 10 the recliner was completely covered in clothes. And if there was a place to sit, there was nothing to see. I also wanted to have some place to watch stuff, other than at my computer. So, killed two birds with one stone: used the entertainment center (which was collecting dust in a a storage room) to hold a tv, all my game systems, and the receiver I picked up in Illinois. Next I'm gonna put a seat out from the tv, so's I can have company come over n watch something or play games.

My next major bit of the project will be cleaning out junk. I want the work table to be usable, and to have floor space.

And then, I ain't doin nothing for a month. At least.

No comments:

Post a Comment